Saturday, January 01, 2011

2011 has arrived



Well, Well. One year has gone and a new one has begun. Will 2011 be as interesting as 2010 was? We'll just have to wait and see, won't we? I need to acknowledge the fact that it has been nearly a year since I posted on the blog. 2010 seemed to have flown by with so many events taking place; the earthquake in Haiti along with the current Cholera outbreak there, the oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico, the Winter Olympics in Vancouver, the trapped miners in Chile, the passage of Health care reform, the 2010 mid-term elections, the repeal of "Don't Ask, Don't Tell" and the ratification of the new START treaty with Russia, here in the United States.

Today, January 1, 2011, Northwest Arkansas and Missouri,a long with a few other states are dealing with the aftermath of yesterday's outbreak of severe storms and tornadoes which passed through. The National Weather Service confirmed a number of tornado touchdowns, including one at Fort Leonard Wood, categorized as a EF3. Unfortunately, seven people have lost their lives because of these tornadoes and the Governor of Missouri, Jay Nixon, declared a State of Emergency in the areas that were hit. Once the storms passed, the clean up began and continues today.

Also yesterday, I discovered that the free web host for my personal website has gone offline. Since I can't remember which email address I gave when I originally signed up I've looked at all of them and haven't found any notices from the host that it was going offline. I decided, "to hell with it", found and signed up with a new free web host. I've spent part of the day today changing the links with the pages of my site with the new URL. Some of the pages are up, but it may be tomorrow or Monday before the site is up online fully. I'll just keep at it. That's all for now. "Live Long and Prosper", and of course, Happy New Year!!!

No comments: