Thursday, November 06, 2014

Title of Star Wars Episode VII (7) Revealed and My Reaction.

Earlier today Disney, owner of LucasFilm, LTD, revealed the title of Star Wars: Episode VII which is scheduled for release on December 18, 2015, in a tweet from their Twitter account. The seventh installment to the Star Wars film franchise is...

 
 ... "The Force Awakens" {NOTE: This image belongs to Disney/LucasFilm, NO copyright or trademark infringement intended by this blogger}

I read the story about the title's reveal from cbsnews.com and chuckled at the title because I wasn't sure what to make of it. And I still don't know what to make of it. Don't get me wrong; I like Star Wars but, I am a Star Trek fan, have been for nearly 30 years. I will most likely see this film when it comes out. I've also done my best to avoid spoilers with this film, just like I did for Star Trek Into Darkness. I think once I see the first teaser ('cause there will be more than one) which I suspect will be attached to Marvel's The Avengers: The Age of Ultron, I'll get a feel for this movie. But until then, I'll reserve judgement and try to stay as clueless, or I should say, as spoiler-free as possible.
"May the Force be with You" and of course, "Live Long and Prosper".

Update - Additional Thoughts: I have no doubt that this film will be a success. Not only because it is a Star Wars film but it is under the direction of J. J. Abrams, the director of 2009's Star Trek and 2013's Star Trek Into Darkness. Those two films revitalized the Star Trek franchise. No one knows the future, there can only be speculation, particularly on how much money "The Force Awakens" will gross. Having looked at information on boxofficemojo.com for the Star Wars franchise I suspect that "The Force Awakens" will gross domestically at least $500 million and worldwide, at least $1 billion but we won't know for certain until after the film is out of the theaters in early 2016. One can only hope.

Live Long and Prosper.

No comments: